Asked by Zack Ascoat

on 25/5/21

Hello Doctor, I’m hoping you can please help me. I have an injury to my frenulum. I accidentally injured it whilst my foreskin was retracted by pulling up on my frenulum instead of my skin. I experienced a sharp pain when I did this. The area has hurt a lot ever since. The injury didn’t bleed. I’ve been dealing with this for about a month now. The pain has improved, but I am really struggling to find proper relief. It is still painful. I have inspected the area. I’m not sure whether there are small cuts in the frenulum. I tried using some E45 lotion to heal up any damaged skin. I have old scars from past splits in this area. I have never had a severe tear of my frenulum or ever experienced any pain in this area. I have no problems retracting my foreskin fully for hygiene. But since I have strained the area it is painful to pull back my foreskin too much or to have it retracted for too long. But I still have full range of motion. The area of the injury is located on the mid portion of the frenulum. It is bright red. I thought it might be infected, so for about 5 days I’ve been bathing my penis in salt water 3 times a day. The injury is quite painful and interfering with my every day. At night I’ve been sleeping with a home-made protective covering over my penis to stop the area rubbing in the night. I really need to know what to do to find some relief and give the area a chance to calm down. I have some NSAID gel which I was tempted to use but the leaflet said to not use on the genital area. Would a small amount be safe? Should I be icing? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I really need some help & advice. Thank you for your time

Replies to question

Dr. Purushottam Adhikari

Psychiatry, 2 Years of practice

Which nsaid gel you are having? It depends. Most of them are for external applications only rather than applying to injury . How long its been you are having this problem? Its wise to consult some urologist for better evaluation and opinion.

Answered on 26/5/21

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Recently answered health questions

Your Health and Privacy Matters