Asked by Gaurav Upreti ,24 years

on 17/6/21

I have been suffering from hair loss since the past 2 years. Now it has become pretty visible, can it still be cured by using minoxidil 5%? I actually visited a doctor 2 years ago regarding the same problem, she told me to use minoxidil and some hair vitamins, it really did work but only for a month. When asked she told me it will start showing effects only after a few months. But after that I couldn't visit her again as the lockdown happened. Now, can I myself take minoxidil and the hair vitamin she suggested me 2 years ago, or shall I take another appointment with a doctor? No offence to any doctors but I heard there are only those two medicines for hair loss, is it worth visiting a doctor if they are also going to recommend me the same medicines?

Replies to question

Dr. Mohan Bhusal

Dermatology Venereology, Aesthetics, Laser and Hair Transplantation, 4 Years of practice

There are different type of hair loss. if it is androgenetic alopecia then minoxidil is one of the medicines but that also depends on the extent of your hair loss and other factors. Others might need prp or hair transplantation. So without seeing a picture it is difficult to give you any medication. Pleass consult online

Answered on 29/6/21
Dr. Sumedha Paudel

Medical officer, 2 Years of practice

You can take a opinion from the skin doctor online via this app too.

Answered on 18/6/21

Dear user, if you would like to consult online with the doctor, please go through the link below, https://www.hamrodoctor.com/service/dermatology

Answered on 17/6/21

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Recently answered health questions

Your Health and Privacy Matters